Free workshops for primary schools
ComputerXplorers has earmarked 5th to 14th March for 2021's British Science Week event to shine a spotlight on the support and resources available to children and to schools and teachers to help deliver inspirational programming classes in primary schools.
As part of the ComputerXplorers Programming for Primaries Event and in support of British Science Week 2021 ComputerXplorers is offering FREE online programming classes to local schools in parts of Manchester, Salford, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Macclesfield.
Supporting British Science Week 2021 with free lessons in coding and computing
We are delighted to run a number of free classes in support of 2021's British Science Week programme of activity and it's a great way to get your school involved with British Science Week 2021.
Coding and programming is an integral aspect to so many science and STEM-related careers and these skills are key to this generation of school children's future success.
FREE ONLINE workshops are available for pupils or as FREE CPD sessions for teachers.
FREE ONLINE programming workshops for primary school children
At ComputerXplorers we specialise in igniting young children’s interest in computing with accessible, engaging classes. Our classes don’t simply teach skills – they give pupils a hunger to stretch their abilities and try new things.
This year’s free schools workshops feature the coding with digital animaiton. In our exciting and fun classes students will combine their creative and technical skills as they make animation by programming!
- Children program their own animation some hands-on computing.
- Half day workshop.
- Designed for Year 4 (or Primary 5) upwards.
- Access to computers will be required.
FREE programming CPD session for primary school teaching staff
- Introduction to Programming demystifying the computing curriculum, key terms used and an overview of a range of programming approaches including Kodu and Scratch.
- 2 hours suitable for twilight/INSET session.
- Appropriate for teachers and teaching assistants of KS1 and KS2 or Primary 2 to 7.
- Access to computers is required - we will be doing some programming!
The session is delivered at your school.